Friday, September 6, 2013

September/October- 13/14 months old


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101221461408511&l=5465355605892851463

A walking video from September 10th- this link will take you to it.  For some reason Blogger won't let me upload it here.

So far, Colin has loved being more mobile!  He is walking faster and faster everyday, and he can even get himself up from a squat without holding on to anything.  He is eating ANYTHING!  He still has whole milk about 4 times a day in either a sippy or a bottle.  He is in 12 and 12-18 month clothing, and we found a whole fall and winter wardrobe at an awesome garage sale (she had a boy just a year older that Colin!) and a consignment sale.  We've added a few new pieces we couldn't resist. :)  He is getting better at walking in shoes, and his fear of the park is improving.  

On October 10, Colin will start at the First United Methodist Preschool in their Child's Day Out program.  He will go once a week, Thursdays, from 9am-noon.  He will have snack and play with other kiddos!  They keep the numbers 8 kids in the toddler rooms, and there are 2 teachers.  I know one of them, and we're excited for him to start!  Colin is still taking 2 naps a day (usually), but we think he might be transitioning himself to just 1 longer nap.  He goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps until about 7 or 7:30.

I miss him everyday I am at school, but I know he is in good hands with my mom (M/F), Zach (T/TH), and a babysitter we found who is a Chi Omega, once a week (W 8:30-12:30).  On that note, I just got recruited to be a Chi advisor for the chapter here in Manhattan, where I was active.  I'll be the social advisor, supervising date parties, making sure the girls aren't having TOO much fun...Should be fun! :)  I love my job, my school is great.  It's a great team of 2nd grade teachers, and my kids are the sweetest.  

Zach is enjoying staying home twice a week, and is liking being full time student.  Some of his classes are challenging, but he has plenty of opportunities to do homework and attend study sessions for the tough classes, like chemistry (yuck!)  He's been to a few KU football games, and went to the Chiefs game at the end of September!


 A few pics from September and this far in October---
Dinner with Colin's friend, Rex

Just hanging out in the extra booster seat-
this entertained him for about 30 min!

Beautiful sky!

Personalized license plate for his car!

Royals game!

Favorite past time- unpacking the baggies

Howl at the moon!!! :)

Breakfast with Rex



Trick or Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment